Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Collage + Merge = Risky

This vintage collage is from a project that didn't work out, but I had fun scanning it in pieces and then manipulating it in Photoshop. The original problem was a bad composition, and I'd given up on it.
Though probably not worth spending a lot of time on, I enjoyed the effort, and nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

The upper left is cloned images and so is the lower right. Photo collage could be lots of fun: maybe I should try some more! This is a new category: can you Rescue Old Art?

2 comments:

Alison said...

I think this one is on the way to working. Great colours and mood. The cup isn't qquite sitting on the table and the vase/jug is flying tipping over, the book/paper asks to be read - lots of story in there.

Margie said...

You're right: sometimes it takes a while to see what's obvious to others. I didn't notice that my vase was tipped until I started to rework it. Oh well...

Powered By Blogger