Saturday, September 29, 2007

Marching on, into Muddy Waters

I joined Wet Canvas, and thought I'd better just work with what's at hand, so hauled out these Rembrandt oil pastels.
It can only get better from here, judging from these beginnings. I put some gesso on the page first. Of course I know I ought to be using a real support: one of the expensive sounding papers, or masonite but consider it my freeing-up exercise.

Tonight there were spectacular sunsets across the valley, but still enough heat to keep birds gathered underneath a nearby palm.

1 comment:

lyn said...

Thanks Margie for your comment on my blog, sorry I called you maggie.
Yes, whatever music I have on I try to have influance my line. I'll sometimes just doodle in time to the music.
Lyn
My daughter wants me to try watercolors

Powered By Blogger