Friday, September 5, 2008

Futuristic Doodling


Our library keeps reinventing itself, with mixed results. Lately we've been learning to use (and market) various book technologies to the public. The latest is downloading all sorts of books or movies or music. No need even to come to the library. I've been working up a few sketch ideas relating to people, print and mobility. It seems like everything is becoming more mobile, faster, and throw-away. The audiobook I downloaded last night to my Zen Stone MP3 player will expire and disappear all on its own. This paper airplane guy is taking the entire matter of books (as objects of reverence) very lightly.

I tried doctoring the sketch in Photoshop, and liked the one filled with a gradient tone. I added the other 2 for comparison. The one on black is sort of like what the kids used to draw on the blackboard when the teacher had his back turned.


1 comment:

caseytoussaint said...

I love the sketch - especially on black as a blackboard sketch.

Powered By Blogger