Monday, September 1, 2008

The Longing to Be Perfect

How many of us there are who build ourselves on a fresh scaffolding each day, hoping each time that what we build will withstand the deluge. The following is from a book by Don Richard Riso
"I now affirm...
that I am independent and capable.
that I can keep my own identity in groups and in relationships.
that I have faith in myself, my talents, and my future.
that I meet difficulties with calmness and confidence.
that I am secure and able to make the best of whatever comes my way.
that I am understanding and generous to all who need me.
that I act courageously in all circumstances.
that I find true authority within me."

Enneagram Transformations Release and Affirmations for Healing Your Personality Types Houghton Mifflin Company, 1993, 129 pages

No comments:

Powered By Blogger