Friday, January 29, 2010

Artists are those who


Artists are those who, originally uploaded by askthemoon.
Writers talk about their craft as I feel I must learn to about doing art. "Writers are those who write...when they are depressed; when elated; when in love; when in despair; when they need dental work and when they don't; while governments are toppling and while they are being built up again. They write because they write." (Walking on Alligators by Susan Shaughnessy)
Last night I felt art in my fingertips but not in by belly: nothing looked draw-worthy to me. So what the heck, just lie there and draw what you see. So this is what I see: a body tired out from a day's work in a busy library. Too late to still be up but too early to feel sleepy. Let's see...a foreshortened leg looks like this....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger