Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Day Off

Today I went for a mountain hike with my daughter. Later we had lunch at The Farm, a place near my house. In the cool months here, The Farm is as close as she can get to her Northern California roots. Gardens full of young seedlings, three gourmet eateries, and a canopy of pecan trees overhead. Near our house in an old orchard, someone has begun to grow lush garden greens. Yesterday I stopped by and bought all the collard greens, swiss chard and beets I could carry for $3.00! I ate some of them for dinner. Being close to the dirt that grows things and smelling and tasting food you just pulled out of the earth is a very sensual  experience. In some way I want the feeling of this day to find its way into art. I don't know how it will do that yet. Borrowed this scene from the mountain from Youtube:

No comments:

Powered By Blogger