Saturday, July 21, 2007

#119 More Rocks

Another attempt at the rock challenge. It's kind of therapeutic, figuring out the relationships between things or setting up a still life and deciding why you did it that way.
It's hard to keep the developed area focused, instead of working evenly all over a drawing, I find. There should be a little voice in my head that screams "stop!" right before I overwork it. Maybe I should keep working looser and looser until it just verges on abstraction. Thanks to everyone for all the encouraging feedback.





4 comments:

Mim said...

Hi, you asked about transfers. The way I did this one was a laser printed sheep picture, mostly black and white. I spread gel medium (or you can use Elmers transparent caulking) onto the sealed watercolored background (sealed with gel medium and let dry) Then I placed the picture of the sheep printed side down onto the gel medium, pressed it down, and let it dry. Then sprayed water onto the back of the picture and rubbed off the paper backing leaving the sheep picture behind. Doesn't work well with ink jet as they are water soluable.
Hope this helps,

Margie said...

This actually sounds like a lot of fun, thanks! No toxic fumes. And also a good way to rescue my failed watercolors. There's a laserprinter at work ....hmmm.

I love the thing you did with playing cards, on your blog. And the pulled-apart-mannequin feeling? - I agree. I hope if you have to prune any activities, you keep the blog. Definitely.

Mim said...

Hi Margie - thanks for the post on my blog about walking the dog. I left you a comment there, as I couldn't email back. It was a very nice comment, thanks again,

Anonymous said...

This is a great sketch! Nice work with the shadows and the highlights.

Powered By Blogger