Friday, August 17, 2007

Draw, just draw






If I'm unhappy with the pencils, with the paper, the light, the time of day, you name it: I have to remember to just draw. Anything. So this is a Soviet-era worker from a 1970's book on "The Soviet Union Today." I like the face and his concentration. The man's hand on the lever of the machine was hard to interpret, but I finally figured out his thumb wouldn't be in the position above right, but rather pointing upward if he was pushing the lever. So I tried a couple more sketches of the hand, and held some things in my own hand looking in a mirror and came up with the one on the left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is great study! I am glad I got your site... thanks for sharing. for draw, just draw- we say, use it or lose it.

Powered By Blogger