Thursday, August 9, 2007

Sitting Buddha, Moving Rabbit




On a sparse day – like yesterday – I use this website. I can always count on it for a little inspiration. http://www.goshen.edu/art/ed/ritual.html Yesterday, when I had intentions of a deeply-thought drawing, everything looked flat and tasteless to me. It helps me figure out that whatever dark corner I seem to have wandered into, I can carefully back myself out of it by using a creative distraction. It’s “If I were a kid, how would I treat me?” thinking. And the part of me that does art is pretty much a kid, and has probably gotten frightened by something. One of my favorites from this is a link to “Drawing a Moving Rabbit,” though I also like “The Bird Ritual.” Maybe today I'll be a “Motivated Non-Drawer.” That’s in there too. See if it doesn’t help you on a sparse day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great website, Thank You

Ganga Fondan said...

What a beautiful drawing this is. I understand the plight of multi-artistic outlets. I'm a singer songwriter, poet, photographer, picture painter and as of late...I've discovered photo manipulation. Just wanted to make a connection with the being through which this beautiful art flows. :) Smiles across the miles.

Powered By Blogger