Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Shadow of the Moon






Even the shadow of the moon could not make me sleepy last night ! But a little cooler than it has been when the sun goes down. This artist has invited us to draw every day this month of October. I have the upcoming streetpainting festival on my mind (October 18-19) and this shadow sketch is a reminder not to take my chalk art so seriously, and to paint on a street, or my driveway or the patio just because I can.
Another artist , an expert in tracing shadows, is the impulse for this. Then I added little text in Photoshop. The following morning I snapped it by daylight. I really would love to do a seated person this way. In Arizona, drawing shadows in daytime is just too hot. Only nighttime shadowstalking is cool enough.

Pastel and California Shiraz on concrete.

2 comments:

Susan Hosken said...

So glad you dropped in on my blog. I am a bit manic at the moment but hope to continue to do my blog on a daily basis. lots of love from susan in australia

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing along! I'm looking forward to seeing everything you create this month!

Powered By Blogger