Monday, October 13, 2008

Spirit Bird




Even though I swore "no new drawing" for the street painting, I am designing something specifically for a 6 x 6 foot piece of parking lot. I drew while on vacation ( we went to the mining & ghost town of Jerome north of Phoenix.) I drew these on the trip. After working up the figure (left) I felt her arm was all wrong and should be bent. Then I couldn't decide what to put in the hand. Finally chose a bird, but not a solid one. I may draw it last, transparent so her hand shows through. Did I get the idea from being in a famous ghost town? A spirit bird flying from her hand? And, there's not enough water at the bottom and side . . .the fish are supposed to have more room. Really, I have a lot of figuring to do. Next time I won't draw on lined paper, which just confuses things further!

What I look forward to immensely, is sitting in a big black square, with time to draw! It feels like magic drawing living things, right on the street! I've always enjoyed the idea of making something from nothing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's just great - I do hope you'll show it to us when you've got it all finished!

Powered By Blogger