Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Blues on Sunday


I was in a blue mood today, decided to take a walk around the lake down in the park. Fresh air, happy families, people fishing, ducks...
I ran across the above musicians practicing beneath a ramada. He was playing his upright bass while she leaned against the side, singing blues songs. I sat on the grass & from a distance drew these sketches. Back home, I arranged them on one of the backgrounds I have been experimenting with. This one is Speedball brown waterbase blockprint ink, swirled on with a paper towel. It reminds me of the color of a bass violin. When I was done, the paper plate I'd used to mix the paint looked interesting- so this abstract doodle in Prismacolor is the result.
I've been going through my sketchbooks, covering all the empty pages with different tones to make them more inviting. My tendency to use printer paper for art is a serious bad habit that needs to be corrected.

1 comment:

caseytoussaint said...

What a great way to beat the blues - lovely work!

Powered By Blogger