Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hand, mine


What shall I say about this hand? It's holding a pen. When it writes (this hand), it pours out a great deal of nonsense, and a few marvelous insights. Sometimes it will neither write nor draw, but only hold a book to read. It works hard all day doing repetitive tasks and sometimes lifting heavy things, or sorting them. It likes to drive cars, stroke animals, pick up rocks. Yesterday afternoon it tapped nervously while waiting for something. Today it held onto a camera and took some wonderful pictures. Now it's typing up this note. Here is my hand.

4 comments:

DirtGirl said...

Ah Margaret! You generous woman! Thanks for bringing a smile to my otherwise smile-less evening. I will hold on to the energy you give me with the art and prose and hope pass it around someday soon. Rachel

DirtGirl said...

Ah Margaret! You make me smile on an otherwise smile-less evening. Thanks for sharing so much. Rachel

DirtGirl said...

I thought the first one didn't go through--oops

Anonymous said...

Rachel! How wonderful to read your comment...as you can see I haven't been posting recently. I will again soon, I promise. Can't wait to see what dirtgirl's blog has to say. Sorry about the smile-less evening.
Margaret

Powered By Blogger