Monday, November 5, 2007

If There Were No Lines










There seems to be an engine that starts me seeing and wanting to draw. I've found a powerful one in my little digital camera. For years I "saw" but had nowhere to put the intensity. After a while, I learned to draw in my mind what I had no time to really draw: at various jobs, while raising kids, while remodeling houses, etc, etc.- all the things we do. Now making up for that is a big priority. The little camera, like a net gathers up all those fleeting impressions and saves them valiantly for me to process later. Framing things in the LCD monitor trains me, and this helps to decide what is interesting and worth further investigation. Learning from so many wonderful Flickr photographers is like being in a worldwide school. Here are three of my captured "sees" and what they led to. Using light and tone rather than line is very satisfying. It's a good reminder that most lines, like the boundaries of nations, are created in our minds.

2 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Very nice - you have some incredible compositions here.

Serena Lewis said...

Nice work, Margie! :)

Powered By Blogger