Sunday, November 25, 2007

More Abstract Expressionism

Playing around with ink and paper, and enjoying the lack of control. Most of them weren't fit to post. I always wish the gestures you can catch with spontaneous art processes could be controlled. Like writing and many other creative acts, you just do more of it and your percentage of successes goes up. Or you definition of success changes, perhaps.

This one reminds me of barbed wire I've photographed recently. I like it better than the first one, and I'll bet Gottlieb did a lot of clinkers too before he hit on a composition he liked.

1 comment:

Susan Hosken said...

Hi Margie,
You occasionally comment on my blog and I wondered if you'd like to email as I find your comments interesting....Im at srhosken@netspace.net.au.
Lots of love from Susan in Australia

Powered By Blogger