Saturday, August 16, 2008

Dreaming Peace


Lately, life has been getting me down. I seldom remember that expressing something...anything...visually can be a way to clear out the mental clutter. Sometimes creating a visually chaotic piece helps, or expressing a state of mind. Last night I found myself doodling an ideal world in which peace pours down on us like the wings of a dove - or in this case an arctic tern. Far below, velvet folds of earth flow into an unreal river. Tall spires of evergreen surround the bottom. Everything in this world is stable and at peace. Even the square format reinforces this. Haven't you ever wished that time could stand perfectly still for just a bit so you could rest and collect yourself? I remember in one of the Chronicles of Narnia books, there is a pool where people stop and sleep beside the water. While they sleep, time has stopped and any worries or consequences are suspended in time for them. At least this is how I remember the story...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger